The simplest, easiest and quickest way to ingest Kratom is with the good old Toss n’ Wash method. It gets the process of taking your Kratom over with as quickly as possible, involves minimal preparation time and is also the fasted way to feel the desired effects.
What is the Toss n’ Wash Method?
The Toss n’ Wash approach simply entails measuring out your desired dose of raw Kratom powder, putting it in your mouth followed by a big gulp of water, then swilling the mixture around in your mouth before finally swallowing.
You can of course take Kratom in capsule form which will mask any nasty taste completely but, since I don’t recommend buying Kratom as pills most of the time (here’s why), there will be the added hassle of making your own capsules. Plus, it will take longer to feel the effects.
So, if you’re willing to learn how to Toss n’ Wash, it’s a nice skill to have even if you ultimately don’t use it as your default method of consumption.
PLEASE bare in mind: it does get easier with practice. You’ll only need a handful of attempts to get to grips with it but I just thought I’d put this out there so you don’t give up after your first and only try. Give it a few go’s.
I remember the first time I tried to Toss n’ Wash Kratom, the mere smell of the raw powder made me feel a little nauseous. Then the dry, cinnamon-like texture of the powder and the less than pleasant taste almost had me swear to myself not to do it again. But I’m glad I did because, now that I’ve perfected the process, I barely smell or taste the powder and it’s over in like 5 seconds.
The process is simple enough as described above, but I’ll give you some tips from my experience that should come in handy:
My Tips for Easy Toss n’ Washin’
- Measure out your required Kratom dose into a glass. Rather than take a spoonful directly from your bag of Kratom into your mouth, it will be easier to put it in a glass first. You can be more accurate with your dosage this way rather than estimating how much you’ve got on the spoon.
- Have water ready. Have a glass of water ready to chase down the Kratom as soon as you put it in your mouth. You don’t want to be searching around for a glass and having to pour yourself some water after you’ve already got a mouthful of dry powder.
- With your tongue down, gently pour the Kratom into your mouth. The keyword here is gently. You don’t want to chug the powder back quickly like a small glass of juice, because the powder will hit the back of your throat, and that is not nice!
- Pour the Kratom onto your tongue. I specified to have your tongue down as you’d be surprised how you suddenly start wondering where to place it! I find it best to have the Kratom on top of your tongue as opposed to underneath it (where it would end up if you have your tongue back) as it’s then easier to mix it with the water you later add to your mouth.
- Break up the powder into more than 1 mouthful. You may also find it easier to spread the dose over a couple of mouthfuls rather than trying to do it all in one go. The less Kratom in your mouth, the easier it is. Toss n’ Washing 2g a couple of times is easier than doing 4g in one go, I find.
It Only Gets Easier
So there you have it! I’ve made a whole article out of what is essentially taking a mouthful of Kratom with some water, swilling it around then knocking it back.
As I say though, it definitely gets better with practice, I promise, so don’t get discouraged if you find it hard at first. And the above tips should hopefully make things a bit easier for you and prevent some simple mistakes. Give it a go!
Was this helpful? Do you Toss n’ Wash Kratom differently? Let me know in the comments below…