Whether you are new to Kratom or have been taking it for many years for fun, relaxation, or pain relief, one of the most important considerations will always be where you get your Kratom from. Since Kratom is not a regulated substance, choosing a trustworthy and reputable retailer is incredibly important to ensure that you buy Kratom that is both pure and of a high standard.
To help you choose the right option, today we take an in-depth look at another Kratom vendor: Top Extracts. In this Top Extracts review, we not only provide a thorough review of what they have to offer, but we will also explore their background and pricing, and offer our overall impression of the brand.
Top Extracts Review Summary
Top Extracts is a long-standing vendor of Kratom and non-Kratom products. They perform in-house lab testing of all Kratom batches but no longer maintain membership with the AKA.
They offer affordable prices for powder and capsules and offer some unique Kratom-infused products like honey sticks and taffies, as well as Kratom extracts.
What (or Who) is Top Extracts?
Top Extracts is an online-based herbal supplements specializing in Kratom. They offer Kratom powders, capsules, and as the name suggest, extracts. While you can purchase individual Kratom products from its online store, the company also functions as a wholesaler to smaller-scale Kratom vendors and in-person stores.
Top Extracts was founded in 2014 with the goal of providing safe and pure Kratom products that meet the highest standards for quality. The brand started in Chicago and remains a proud Chicago-based company.
The founder of Top Extracts, Jim Sourek, wanted to ensure that fellow Kratom enthusiasts would have access to a reliable retailer that could supply a safe and effective product.
Since the brand started, it has grown from a small operation that served local customers to a major retailer that now offers Kratom products to various retailers across the United States.
How Does Top Extracts Stand Out?
Top Extracts puts their rapid growth down to the fact that they always offer naturally-sourced Kratom delivered to its packaging facilities directly from the regions where it is grown and harvested. Once it is analyzed for quality and purity, they package it in-house and do their best to offer customers fair prices, especially on wholesale products.
What sets them apart from other vendors though is that in addition to a wide range of Kratom products, they also carries a small collection of non-Kratom products, such as CBD oil drops, turmeric capsules, and other assorted botanical supplements.
On top of that, they maintain high standards for customer service, for both wholesale clients and direct customers.
Top Extracts Products Review
As mentioned, Top Extracts primarily offers their customers a range of Kratom powders, capsules, and extracts. They also have a limited range of unique Kratom products, like the caffeinated liquid Kratom drops, the Kratom-infused honey sticks, and even Kratom-infused root beer taffies!
To be honest, here at Kratom IQ we are purists and typically not a fan of products like these as they portray Kratom in a more recreational way when to some people it is so much more than that. They also don’t include the specific strain of Kratom that is used in these products which is common for these types of products but thus don’t offer much variety, like regular powder. Never the less, they are legal, unique and are fine for occasional use.
One of the helpful things about the Top Extracts store is that it categorizes the Kratom and non-Kratom products by their effects and benefits. For example, you will find categories like Calming, Energy, Focus and Rest. These categories can be useful for those inexperienced with Kratom and who do not know where to start, and those looking for other product suggestions.
Experienced Kratom users will like the ability to shop by strain color if they’re looking for something more specific, like Red Malaysian, White Maeng Da, or Green Bali Kratom.
- Kratom Powders – Top Extracts carries Kratom powders in a limited variety of strains but some of the most popular strains, like Classic Red Bali Powder, Red Horn Kratom Powder, White Borneo Powder, and Yellow Indo Kratom Powder. The powdered form is the most common way people purchase Kratom as it’s the most cost effective, you can mix it in a drink, or even just knock it back by itself followed by a swig of water. However, it can be less convenient for those on the go.
- Kratom Capsules – Top Extracts also offer Kratom capsules but in a very limited variety of strains. They offer useful “travel packs” that come with 10 capsules and larger bottles with a capsule count of 120. Each capsule contains 600 milligrams of finely milled Kratom powder. We like that their capsules are free from binders, fillers, and other contaminants, so you are just getting pure Kratom in a convenient, easy-to-swallow form.
Capsules are typically more expensive than powder but Top Extracts do give bulk discounts if you purchase more than one bottle at a time, which can be a real money-saver compared to some other vendors.
- Liquid Kratom Extracts – Top Extracts also offer a variety of Kratom extracts, but a surprising limited range considering their name. A bottled Kratom extract is a concentrated liquid extract designed for convenience, however, they’re harder to dose. Each Kratom extract also uses vague Kratom strains rather than specific strains, making it difficult to achieve a specific set of benefits. They also contain additives, which we are not fans of.
With all of that said, they may appeal to some, and they’re fine for occasional use, so we do not hold it against Top Extracts that they carry these products.
Top Extracts Pricing
One of the most appealing things about Top Extracts is their competitive prices. That said, their minimum order quantity for Kratom powder is 4oz, which is relatively high, when you consider most Kratom vendors allow customers to purchase Kratom in 1oz quantities. Top Extracts markets themselves as a Kratom wholesaler, so that probably explains why they offer larger orders rather than small.
While these larger orders might be unappealing to those that are new to Kratom and just want to try it out, as well as those that only consume small quantities on occasion, we cannot deny that its prices work out to be much cheaper than what we have found through its competitors.
Basic Pricing Structure
To get a rough idea of how much you can expect to spend on Kratom through Top Extracts, here is a basic guide:
- 4oz Personal Size Kratom Powder – $29.50
- 16oz Kratom Powder – $83.00
- 10 Capsule Travel Pack – $7.00
- 60 Capsule Personal Size Pack – $21.00
- 120 Capsule Order – $42.00
These prices are very competitive, especially when you consider that Top Extracts also offer discounts for bulk orders. For example, if you purchase the same item two to fives times in the same order, you save 9% on your total cost. If you purchase the same item six to ten times in the same order, you save 11%. These percentages can add up to some serious savings on more expensive items.
In addition to bulk order discounts, they also offer a points-based rewards system, where you earn points on every order that you can cash in for savings on future orders. You earn about $0.50 worth of points for every $10 you spend, so these points can add up over time.
Our Top Extracts Review
Top Extracts is a legitimate vendor that we are happy to recommend since their prices are very fair for lab-tested Kratom, however, the issue is they only carry a limited variety of Kratom strains in powder and capsule form. We would have preferred if they carried a greater variety of strains, however, the quality and prices are very good for what they do carry.
We also really like that the brand lab tests all of its Kratom products in-house, and ensures that it always adheres to a high standard of quality and purity. Unfortunately though, they no longer participate in the American Kratom Association Good Manufacturing Practice (AKA GMP) Program, which means their Certificates of Analysis are not verified by a 3rd party.
Through our research putting together this Top Extracts review, we discovered that this decision to not maintain American Kratom Association accreditation was not motivated by a lack of quality but simply because they were not seeing a worthwhile ROI on the membership fee. While participation in the program is optional, and we respect the decision, we also believe Top Extracts should remove references to the AKA GMP from their website, as it can be somewhat misleading to potential customers.
That said, we have been impressed by the quality of their Kratom products. While we are not a fan of its liquid extract offerings, we strongly believe that the Kratom powders and capsules are worth trying for Kratom users, as the prices are outstanding and the quality is certainly impressive.
Overall, we would recommend Top Extracts to our readers, but the company is not without its faults. If you are just looking for an affordable way to purchase Kratom at a fair price, Top Extracts might be exactly what you want if they have the strains you’re looking for.
Pros & Cons
- Legitimate company with a long-standing history selling Kratom online
- In-house lab testing with easily accessible Certificates of Analysis
- Incredibly fast shipping (most orders are sent out the same day that they are purchased)
- Fair prices, especially for bulk orders
- Unique Kratom products that are difficult to find elsewhere
- Do not hold American Kratom Association accreditation, which means it does not submit samples of its Kratom for 3rd party analysis
- Limited variety of Kratom strains
- Only offer a 7-day return policy
Top Extracts is a trustworthy Kratom retailer that has been in business for many years. As a wholesaler that also sells directly to consumers, its prices are very competitive. Their packaging is also very beginner-friendly, as it displays effect information and the origin of the particular Kratom product.
While it is not a perfect Kratom vendor, there is a lot to like about Top Extracts, especially if you are on a tight budget but still want to purchase a high-quality product from a company with a solid reputation.