Whether you are new to Kratom and don’t know where to start, or you regularly purchase Kratom and consider yourself an experienced Kratom user, it is always important to understand who you are buying from.
We believe it is important to do our part and review popular Kratom vendors on the market. Here is our review of Left Coast Kratom, where we take an in-depth look at one of the nation’s most popular Kratom brands.
Left Coast Kratom Review Summary
Left Coast Kratom is a legitimate online vendor of lab tested Kratom in a decent range of strains, with the seal of approval by the American Kratom Association.
They also sell “exotic” Kratom products like extracts, gummies, enhanced strains and blends.
Just make sure you understand what it is you are getting if ordering these products.
The Left Coast Kratom Brand
Left Coast Kratom is a family-owned Kratom company based in Portland, Oregon. The company was founded in 2017 under the name Soul Speciosa; however, a major product recall in 2018 due to a salmonella scare provoked a full re-brand of the company shortly after it began.
While a salmonella scare might make you think twice about purchasing Kratom from the company, it actually ended up being a blessing in disguise. Not only did it test the perseverance of the founders and its employees, but it also encouraged the newly re-named Left Coast Kratom to double down on its quality control efforts.
In fact, Left Coast Kratom now focuses on having the highest quality products and most stringent testing standards possible.
What is Left Coast Kratom All About?
After surviving a major product recall early in its history, the Left Coast Kratom brand doubled down on its commitment to protecting its customers and offering high-quality Kratom and Kratom products thoroughly tested for safety and purity. According to Left Coast Kratom, the health and safety of its customers are the company’s most important goals.
While the quality and safety of their products are the number one priority, Left Coast Kratom claims that customer service and consumer education are also vitally important to the brand. It does not want people to see it as a sketchy online retailer that only exists for profit. Instead, it wants to educate and protect consumers and contribute to the overall Kratom community by advocating for Kratom and Kratom users.
Lab Testing and Quality Assurance Efforts
While promising products that are both safe and of the highest quality is always a good sign, it is more important that these promises are backed up with legitimate quality control measures. Thankfully, Left Coast Kratom backs up its claims through the following efforts:
- Quality Control at the Supplier Level – Left Coast Kratom has developed long-standing relationships with all of its suppliers, which helps ensure it receives consistent quality. It also ensures that all of the Kratom it sells has been ethically grown and harvested.
- Lab Testing of Products – The brand ensures that all its products are double laboratory tested for quality and safety. The tests also verify consistent alkaloid content and ensure that its products are free from heavy metals and other common contaminants.
- Return Policy and Satisfaction Guarantee – Left Coast Kratom also has a reasonable return policy, which is not always the case with Kratom retailers. Customers can return products they are unsatisfied with for a full refund, which helps to hold the company accountable.
Participation in the AKA’s Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Standards Program
In addition to its quality assurance practices, Left Coast Kratom is also a member of the American Kratom Association’s GMP Standards Program. Kratom retailers must agree to regular third-party audits of their manufacturing facility and supply chain to retain AKA GMP certification.
The GMP Standards Program also requires exact manufacturing, testing, packaging, labeling, storage, distribution, and marketing requirements from its members. These efforts protect consumers, so Left Coast Kratom’s decision to participate in the program is further evidence of its commitment to offering its customers safe and effective Kratom products.
Overview of Products Offered
Left Coast Kratom sells Kratom powder, extracts, and capsules. These products are also offered in a wide range of strains.
Left Coast Kratom offers a wide range of dried Kratom powders. They are available in a variety of strains, and customers can choose different quantities. Larger quantity orders are offered at a reduced price, which is another reason going with regular Kratom powder is usually the best option.
Strain highlights include Borneo Red Vein, Maeng Da White Vein, and Thai Yellow Vein. The website features photographs of its various powders, so you know what to expect from your order. It also offers detailed descriptions of each strain.
Left Coast Kratom also offers a range of Kratom extracts. Their liquid Kratom extract options come in a 15ml dropper bottle and can be easily brewed into teas, mixed with juices, or blended into smoothies.
The liquid extracts come in fewer strain options than its dried Kratom powders, but customers still have several options to choose from.
Like the liquid Kratom extract options, all of their Kratom capsules and soft gels are carefully manufactured and selected by their in-house production team. These Left Coast Kratom products are also double laboratory tested and compliant with the AKA GMP Standards Program.
It offers a wide range of Kratom capsule strains, including Bali, Borneo, and Maeng Da strains. The capsules themselves have all-natural, vegan-friendly ingredients and are compliant with any type of diet.
Our Left Coast Kratom Review
Now that we know more about Left Coast Kratom’s practices, products, and history, we can offer our review of the brand and give our opinion on whether it’s one we can recommend.
Variety and Affordability
Not only does Left Coast Kratom offer a wide range of different Kratom strains, including some of the most popular options on the market, but it also offers them at reasonable prices. For those curious about affordability, it offers reduced prices for large-volume orders and even has a loyalty program, which rewards repeat customers with ongoing discounts. It also offers its customers free shipping on most orders!
Impressive Quality Control Measures
In terms of quality, we find its testing methods impressive and find it to be a very transparent retailer. The fact that each product has a thorough writeup with details regarding the product’s origin and exact contents should give buyers confidence.
AKA GMP Standards Program Participation
One of the most impressive things about Left Coast Kratom is its ongoing participation in the American Kratom Association’s Good Manufacturing Practices Standards Program. The American Kratom Association is an important advocacy group for Kratom and Kratom users, and its GMP Standards Program is also proof that you can rely on a Kratom company to deliver products that meet strict safety and quality standards.
With all of that said, the brand is not perfect. Some of its Kratom extracts and capsules do not list the specific strain in the product. Instead, it simply lists the primary ingredient as “Kratom”, which is both generic and confusing. Kratom strains are often associated with specific effects, so not knowing which type of Kratom is in your capsule or liquid dropper can make it more difficult to anticipate how it will interact with your body. Other brands like Kraken Kratom and Phytoextractum have the same problem with their extracts.
Similar to those companies, we are also not a fan of Left Coast Kratom’s “enhanced” strains, as they make dose control much more difficult. These concentrated Kratom products can be confusing and also have the unintended consequence of raising an individual’s tolerance levels.
Pros & Cons
- They are a long-standing member of the American Kratom Association and participate in its Good Manufacturing Practices Standards Program.
- Been around since 2017, which is a relatively long time for a Kratom retailer in North America. They also overcame a product recall, complete re-brand, and name change.
- They retain membership in the American Herbal Products Association (AHPA), which promotes the responsible commerce of herbal products.
- They have a very strong reputation within the Kratom community and a long list of loyal customers.
- They emphasize educating customers and the general public.
- All of their products are lab tested for quality and safety. Most batches even undergo double laboratory testing, which ensures outstanding quality.
- They offer free shipping, fair prices, bulk Kratom order discounts, and a loyalty program for repeat customers.
- Their products are available in a wide range of strains, especially its dried Kratom powders.
- Some of their extracts and capsules are vague about the specific strain or strains the product contains.
- They sell a variety of “enhanced” strains and concentrated extracts, which we do not recommend, as they make dose control difficult and can increase a person’s tolerance.
Our Overall Impression
Overall, we feel confident recommending Left Coast Kratom to our readers who are craving Kratom. It offers an impressive range of Kratom products and some of the most popular strains out there. Its prices are competitive and free shipping also helps keep the cost down. The loyalty program is also a useful perk that many customers will appreciate, and something that not all Kratom companies offer.
In terms of quality, we like Left Coast Kratom’s commitment to testing its products. The fact that the brand tests the products itself and submits to third-party testing through the American Kratom Association is impressive.
Simply put, Left Coast Kratom is a respectable Kratom vendor. We believe it is worthy of our recommendation for anyone who is Kratom crazy.