For many people looking to try Kratom for the first time, it seems they have a natural inclination towards wanting to purchase Kratom in capsules, rather than raw powder. I get that. They look familiar – much like those vegetable greens supplements you can buy – and they offer a convenient, taste-free experience, just like any other pill.
On this website, however, I’ve been quite critical of buying Kratom in capsule form, for a number of reasons: it’s harder to measure your dose when starting out, it’s generally a more expensive way to buy your Kratom, it gives the wrong image of Kratom being a recreational drug (like those cheap local Headshops brands) and, most significantly, it seems the vast majority of Kratom available in pill form is crap.
A lot of people have asked for my opinion on this vendor because, even with the above reasons, pre-capsuled Kratom is damn convenient and some people are still prepared to buy it in this form and they want a reliable source.
As you can guess from the name, KratomCapsules.com sell Mitragyna Speciosa in capsule form, however, they do also sell their variety of strains as raw powder.
My KratomCapsules.com Review
So how does this vendor stack up? Let’s get to it. Much like my other reviews, I’ll cover the important things you’ll be interested in when buying this stuff online and give my overall thoughts on whether or not you should buy from this vendor.
How Good is the Kratom?
First things first, how good is the actual Kratom? I don’t care how conveniently prepared my Kratom arrives; if it’s not up to standard or requires a ridiculously high dose, it’s a waste of money.
You’ll be glad to know the Kratom from KratomCapsules.com is actually pretty good! They don’t have a vast array of strains (I’ll get to that) but what they do have certainly has a nice pep to it.
Each capsule contains 500mg of Kratom (it’s good to know this) and I found most strains to give effects at
quite a low dose, which I wasn’t expecting. 5 – 6 capsules on an empty stomach works well for me, sometimes more, so that’s usually around 3 grams. For most strains, the website says they are active at only 2 to 3 capsules but unless you’re particularly lightweight, you will probably require more.
Never the less, if you follow my Kratom dosage guidelines and aim for a similar amount in grams, starting low then increasing, you’ll find it’s very applicable with these capsules. 5 – 6 capsules will be a good dosage for this brand.
Being in pill form, the Kratom obviously takes longer to take effect – 40 minutes to an hour for me – but what they have is evidently very fresh so it certainly gets a thumbs up in terms of quality.
Is it Easy to Buy from KratomCapsules.com?
It’s very straightforward to purchase from this store. The website is very slick, just like any regular online store and you can check out with credit card, Amazon Payments and even Bitcoin. No hassles here.
Other Things I Like
Free Shipping: You’ll have to accept that buying Kratom in capsule form is always going to be more expensive than plain powder; you’re paying for convenience. To ease a bit of the pain, however, you do get free shipping on all orders at KratomCapsules.com, at least at the time of writing. You can also save money with a KratomCapsules.com promo code if there’s one available.
High Quality Control: This company have quite an active and engaging Facebook page where they offer some interesting behind the scenes insights and it’s quite apparent that all new shipments of strains they receive get sent off for lab testing. Their whole setup seems very professional.
Give Off the Right Image: Similarly, the team behind KratomCapsules.com also appears to be quite proactive in ensuring this amazing plant stays legal! It could be said that pills as a product don’t help the case (i.e. they’re clearly designed for consumption) but I’d say KratomCapsules.com are one of the good guys. They’re proactive in maintaining the right image of Kratom as a whole and clearly keep up to date with legal changes, petitions etc.
What is Their Selection of Strains Like?
This is where KratomCapsules loses a few points unfortunately, as they have a really small variety of strains. At the time of writing this, only 4 strains! That’s even less than OPMS Kratom, who I’ve criticised for having a limited range.
What they do have is good, but it would be nice to see them expand their selection for those that want to burn Kratom regularly. Everyday burners will still be required to seek another vendor to use alongside this one, to avoid using the same strains too regularly and building up a tolerance.
Any Other Negatives?
No International Shipping: Unfortunately these guys only ship within the continental United States and Hawaii, which is a bummer for everyone else. They say they hope to offer international delivery in the near future.
Gelatin Caps: Another thing that isn’t so much a negative for most people but worth pointing out, is that the capsules used are made from gelatin. This is obviously problematic if you’re allergic to the stuff and isn’t vegan friendly if that’s your thing.
Hopefully this Kratom Capsules review has given you a good overview of this vendor and offered a few helpful insights on things you should consider. Here’s a recap to sum everything up:
- The Kratom is good quality. There’s no doubt that buying Kratom in capsule form is convenient and when compared to some other brands, these are great quality. The Kratom is seemingly fresh with minimal or any filler, resulting in good effects.
- You know the dosage amount in each capsule (500mg). Unlike some lower quality pills, you at least know how much you’re getting in each capsule and can monitor your dosage accordingly.
- Similarly, you actually know what strain of Kratom you’re getting! This should be obvious, but there are many unscrupulous sellers out there selling general “Kratom pills” with no specification of what it is you’re actually getting.
- Incredibly easy buying experience. Making your order is hassle-free with no awkward payment methods like some vendors; you can pay by credit card, Amazon Payments or Bitcoin.
- Free shipping on all orders. You gotta love that!
- A seemingly ethical company. The team behind KratomCapsules.com appears to be knowledgeable on the Kratom industry and the responsibilities of vendors such as themselves, and is keen to protect the right image of this plant. This is important.
- Unfortunately, the selection of strains on offer at KratomCapsules.com is very limited. What they have is good but for regular Kratom users, another vendor will be required to provide additional strains.
- No International shipping, making it unsuitable for those based outside of the United States.
- If you’re allergic to or won’t ingest gelatin, the capsules used are unsuitable. No other type of capsule is used.
As you can see, KratomCapsules.com is a pretty good vendor and one that I would be happy to recommend. The positives certainly outweigh the negatives; so if buying Kratom in capsule form is a priority for you, give them a try.
I still favor Happy Hippo personally as my main vendor but they don’t offer their strains in capsule form, so that’s where this supplier comes in.
(There may even be an active KratomCapsules.com coupon code)
Founder of Kratom IQ; a self-improvement junkie and Kratom enthusiast. I started this website in 2015 to help people avoid the common pitfalls and mistakes with Mitragyna Speciosa, and ultimately get the most out of this amazing plant. Learn More…